Burned to Death by a Refrigerator
GenerallyASHEBORO, N. C. (CN) - A man burned to death when his Whirlpool refrigerator overheated to more than 1,000 degrees and fire-balled him in the veneer as he opened it, his family claims in court. In March 2002, Walker bought a Whirlpool refrigerator which had a on the fritz heating element pin in its icemaker, according to the complaint. Jane Walker Payne sued Whirlpool Corp. The kinfolk claims that despite warranty repairs a short occurred in the heating environment in January 2012, causing the fridge to overheat to more than 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.